Nathanson Liver Retractors from Mediflex® have proven to be ideal for laparoscopic liver retraction as they support the entire liver to provide atraumatic exposure. The retractors feature a hexagonal proximal end which fits securely into the Quick-Connect hex fitting of Mediflex® Holding and Positioning Systems. This direct attachment prevents axial rotation and liver slippage - a common problem with other holding systems. Mediflex® offers the largest selection of Nathanson Liver Retractors on the market - available individually or as sets to accommodate all patients and procedures, including bariatrics, pediatrics and robotics.
- Used in upper GI, bariatric, and GERD procedures
- Robotic versions to prevent interference with robot arm movement
- Eliminates the need of an assistant to hold the liver retractor
- Hexagonal lock fitting eliminates retractor slippage and axial rotation
- Reduced trauma compared to hand-held liver retractors
- Versions with extended distal tips for thicker abdominal walls
- 3 different diameter options - 3mm, 5mm, and 6.5mm